Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day - Rose Cupcake Bouquet

Cupcakes for Mothers Day!!!

My mother loved her peacock cake, I'm still amazed that I actually made it.  The only thing is that it's a LOT of cake,  how would she ever be able to eat all that cake.  
(On a side note, she kept the peacock from the top of the cake and froze it.  As if she was going to eat it at later date.) I guess she just couldn't waste all my hard work by eating it. lol

She ended up taking it to work and sharing it with her co-workers, secretly I think she just wanted to show it off. "Look what my daughter did"  So I was determined to find a way to make something beautiful that she wouldn't have to share, unless she wanted to of course.  
I decided cupcakes... hmmm... rose cupcakes... mmmm , Oh! I know...

A Purple Rose Cupcake Bouquet



 So I tried several techniques and decided the best way to make them would be to hand pipe pedals directly on the cupcakes. (I'll deal with the carpel tunnel later).  I used floral sticks to mount them in a vase full of crystals. 
My mother really loves purple.  It's not every day you see a purple rose bouquet.  
The pictures make them look muted. 

On the way to deliver her bouquet, I took pictures.  There's just nothing like natural lighting. Note to self: Cupcakes should be extra cold, as they tend to slide down the stick as they warm up. 

Happy Mothers Day Mom! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment